Tuesday, April 29, 2008

How Much Is That Doggie In The Window?


Tammy works downtown, and I go to work with her. We take the same route most every day.

People stare at me on the Train, on the street, pretty much anywhere we go. Sometimes they try to pet me. I know they're admiring not only my good looks, but also the obvious dedication to my job.


We have to walk a few blocks from the Train station to Tammy's office, and we usually meet a few other dogs on the way.


Some are working dogs, like the Beagle whose job it is to look both cute and hungry for his panhandler human. I think he's got a pretty good gig...


And there's a guard dog lying on the floor at a high-end jewelry store: we've never actually met, but we've eyeballed each other enough to be acquainted. I feel sorry for him - he looks so sad and bored. I almost want to try a heist, just to give him something to do. I won't, though - I'm a PADS dog.


There's another dog we meet: it lives in an upscale furniture store right by Tammy's office. I say 'lives', but it doesn't really. I think it's supposed to be 'ART'. Now, I know what you're thinking, what does a dog know about art? Well, I know cute from ugly, and this ain't cute!


In the first place, it's got no eyes! It's got no fur; it's made of spun glass or something, and it's a lamp. It has an electrical cord for a leash, but I've never heard of a leash coming out of there before!!! Ouch!


It just stands there, and for $630.00 it will light up a corner for you. That's including the 15% discount...


I can light up the whole room for you for nothing; and if you still want the overhead fixture on, I can do that, too. (I might do it faster for a treat!)


And when I have my uniform off, you can get a free cuddle, too.


Look at that basket of puppies: which would you rather have, a nasty old overpriced lamp, or one of these cuties?!




No comments: