Thursday, September 25, 2008

Doggie Dine 'N Dash


Let's not forget I'm still very much a dog, and that means I'm an opportunist. One time we got home from an elementary school disability awareness presentation out in the boonies. I was starving - we'd gone to two separate schools that day, spoken to about 600 children, and hadn't had a chance to stop and eat our lunch. (Not to mention the fact that I tend to be -ahem- forgotten at lunch time: how come two legged people eat three times a day, and four legged ones only get two meals a day?! Something wrong there!) I was really looking forward to sitting down and enjoying a nice chicken salad sandwich and chocolate chip cookies... Well, technically they weren't mine, especially the chocolate chip cookies, which I hear are bad for me...


See, Tammy made a quick pit stop to the washroom - and left the sandwich on the kitchen counter. She thought it was out of my reach, but after all, I am a trained professional. It's my job to reach things, and most of the time Tammy's pretty darned happy with my determination and initiative. Anyhowl, by the time she got out of the washroom, all the evidence was gone, except a few crumbs on the floor. Why shouldn't I have a chicken salad sandwich and a couple of cookies...? I worked very hard that day!


But who said life was fair; she grounded me for that one. No food for 24 hours! We both learned a lesson - I learned that I'd better make sure the next sandwich left unattended isn't hers, and she learned that not much is out of reach for a skilled and determined dog!

No comments: