Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Art for Arf's Sake


Tammy makes sure I get a thorough foundation in the arts. I'm a cultured dog; I know art now. (And by the way, that doggie lamp is still in the window - not sold. Hmmm.....)


So we went to the Art Gallery. There was an exhibition on Anime, comics, and video games. I guess this stuff is just now being recognised as a legitimate art form, so the exhibition included some history of stuff like cartoons, graphic novels, computer games, and so on.


Some of it was really cool, and some of it I found most disturbing... I might say some of it has gone to the dogs, except I try to avoid such obvious puns!


I know Tammy and her brother really enjoyed themselves, but as for me, I could take it or leave it. I did sense a bit of irritation on Tammy's part, as the art-appreciating public was especially attentive to me that day. Maybe they thought I was part of the exhibition!


But I think Tammy wanted to be left alone to enjoy the show without having to discuss me and my job all day. We were even disturbed as we ate our lunch in the cafe. Tammy politely offered to answer questions after lunch.


Remember humans, I'm busy working. And Tammy's busy trying to live her life. I sure wish there was a polite way to say "Mind your own business!!"


But there it is: the life of a working dog is the life of a celebrity.

No comments: