Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Walk and Roll 2008


MEMO

DATE: July 22, 2008

TO: My Fabulous Fans, Friends, and Colleagues
FROM: Breeze, PADS Assistance Dog

SUBJECT: PACIFIC ASSISTANCE DOG SOCIETY (PADS) “WALK & ROLL FOR INDEPENDENCE 2008”

The humans among you are no doubt familiar with Sir Bob Geldof’s 1985 Live Aid Concert, or, more recently, the Black Eyed Peas’ June 2 concert benefiting survivors of China’s devastating May 12 earthquake.

So you know what tree I’m barking up when I say “Charity Fundraiser”.

I’m a dog with a mission, and right now that mission is to make sure PADS is always there to raise and train dogs like me to help people with disabilities to live more independently.

Pacific Assistance Dog Society (PADS) raises and trains Service, Hearing, and Facility/Therapy dogs for persons who are facing the daily challenges of life with a physical disability, who are deaf or hard of hearing, or are living in long-term care facilities.

Just to give you an idea, I help Tammy every day with things like opening and closing doors, bringing her the phone when it rings, pushing the buttons on the elevator, turning the lights on and off, helping her take her jacket off, and picking up stuff she’s dropped on the floor. (That one does come pretty naturally, as I’m a golden retriever…)

So it costs about $35,000 to train each PADS dog. My personal goal is to raise $500 at this year’s ‘Walk & Roll For Independence’ August 24th in Burnaby’s Central Park. 100% of contributions go to meeting PADS fundraising budget goal of $591,000 for 2008.
PADS is proud to be Canada’s only fully accredited member of Assistance Dogs International (ADI).

PADS does a good job so that dogs like me can do a good job. Please sponsor me and Tammy.

You can check out PADS website at http://www.pads.ca/ or contact me through my email, breeze@pads.ca for more information.
Thanks!
PADS Service Dog Breeze
Woof! Woof!

No comments: