Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Birthday Shennanigans

What a coincidence! Tammy and I have been a team for a year, and Tammy just had her I-won't-say-which-but-it-has-a-four-and-a-zero-in-it birthday. So we made it a double celebration.

The day started off normally enough, and stayed normal until somebody -I won't name names- decided to dress me up in a birthday hat... Who is a girl to trust? One somebody coos and slobbers about how cute I look, while the other laughs herself nearly out of her chair. I know the difference between cute and ridiculous, and I don't do ridiculous. Nobody tried to put a hat on Rocket, did they? I suppose if I allowed myself to bite an arm off, or scratch out an eye, my dignity would be intact, too. But of course I'm a PADS Service Dog, so no arm biting; by the same token, no PADS dog should have to be seen in public wearing a dunce cap!
Tammy got away with a tasteful blue ribbon around my neck - it went nicely with my PADS uniform. Oh, and a bib, even though I didn't get a steak to go with it...
We went to a fancy Italian restaurant, and everything smelled so good! And all of my favourite people were there, even Tammy's brother, who takes me for good times in the park. He's my best human boyfriend! PADS Service Dog Leo was there too; I barked 'hi'. He's a golden retriever, like me, but his coat is more reddish. He's handsome, and I hope we get a play-date together some day, but I get nervous when I hear Tammy say she'd like to trade dogs for a day. Does she really mean it?!
So there we were - great food everywhere (except on the floor where I could appreciate it) lots of people who love and admire me, and yes, someone remembered me and included doggie treats with their present to Tammy. (She hid them around the house somewhere, but I'll track them down eventually.)
Tammy got a beautiful new purse, which she chose because it matches my fur so well. She could have gone with a complementary colour; I don't think she has the same appreciation for fur that I have. A drawback of being human, I guess.
It's been a year. We really are a team now. We take care of each other, and I'm looking forward to many more birthday celebrations together.
I hope I get some cake next time!
(Pics on the way - that gal looks like me, but she's a model from Google images...)

1 comment:

Tara said...

Heya Breeze,

Glad to hear you had such a great night with Tammy -- and a great year!! Congratulations!!!! We were very sad to miss it :-(

Maisie wants you to know that she has officially spoken for Leo (and apparently the feeling is mutual -- they honeymooned together while Matt and Sarah honeymooned in Vegas!)

Maybe we could all play one day...